Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Kitchen......reorganize pt. 2

Ok, you know how when you have this great plan, this terribly well thought out plan, that is just perfect....nothing can go wrong. Wellllllllll, let me tell you it CAN. And usually, ok, sometimes due to no idiocy of your own.

I bought this pantry, you see, and I was gonna put it together myself. Well, my dh decided he wanted to put it together himself....BIG MISTAKE!!

First of all, he is not a WOOD man....he is a METAL man. You give that boy something to weld and you will love it when it's done. Welllll, he once built me a bookshelf.....I had this ingenious idea to use the wooden rails from a twin bed frame and the slats to make a bookshelf. Oh, it would have been a great little bookshelf....Well, he got to work, and about an hour brought it in to me.........The shelves were at a diagonal.....you'd put a book on, and it would fall right back off!

Ok, so it's been like 13 years, so I decided he had earned the right to try again (I mean I did put together all the cribs & baby furniture so my kids wouldn't just fall out).

So, he gets to work, and he's about 1/2way through with the pantry.....and calls me, b/c he can't figure out how in the world this board is supposed to fit on there....

Bless his heart, he didn't check the materials off on the little checklist before he started putting things together. Now he must have watched me put together at least 100 different pieces of furniture....and that is always my first step.

Hey, at least he did do the steps in the order they call for....lol, guess he was trying to do a good job, and not be banned another 13 years. WELL, they had given us two "A" boards, but no "B" board. And since A is the left side of the pantry, and B is the right side, there's just no dadgum way it's gonna work. Like having 2 left feet....no matter how hard ya try, all ya gonna do is dance in circles.

Soooooooooooooo, we had to take it back apart (because our house is too small to just have it standing somewhere in limbo without my destroyers (umm, i mean little creative people...sure, yeah, ok, that's not even convincing to me), doing what they do best......destroying. So, it is now unassembled (and glue spilt), and blocking my microwave cart (with the microwave & dishes). So, today, I get to call the company, and request a part B :) Now I just have to decide what my Plan B is...because I already took my armoire out the kitchen thinking my pantry was to be put together, and the contents are all over my large buffet.

Aaaaaaargh....lol. You think stuff like this only happens in the movies....WRONG..............it happens to me, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment