Friday, July 24, 2009

Living Room redo pt. 1

Ok, the Bedroom Switcheroo ended up involving the whole house.

I ended up freecycling my large entertainment armoire, my dh's bed, the kids' corner armoire (that was holding nothing but their tv), and a trundle bed that we no longer use. So far, the entertainment armoire and dh's bed have been picked up. If the other 2 are not picked up today, tomorrow they go to goodwill.

The armoire that was no longer being used in the kitchen has been moved to the living room as an entertainment center. My small buffet (pending new pantry parts arriving) will be moved into the living room as a sewing center (but is not in here yet). I made room for my new sewing/scrapbook center by moving the loveseat into the man cave :) A comfy tv lounging area for dh was really the reason for that move....honestly!!! Ok, so you aren't even buying it, lol. Oh well, I do love that I will have ME space now :)

Ok, I am going to post some pics of my Living Room now that it is in total disarray. Brace yourselves...a lot of stuff is in bins waiting to be put back up, and my desk, well, yeah, well, ummmm, there's just no excuse for that. The whole reason for having an armoire, was to keep the doors shut, so no one would use it as a dumping ground, but as you see, they (dh & kids) have broke one of the doors, and the stuff they dumped has bred and well, you get the idea.

Oh, and I do have to rescue my cookbook bookshelf from the man cave. It was moved in there temporarily just to be able to get a few pieces of furniture through the doorway. And, I do need to finally finish painting my living room, so the whole thing will finally be balsam beige, rather than pepto bismol pink. I just have to do it a little at a time, since I am allergic to latex, and it is hard for me to breathe when I am painting, and a few days later.

Ok, this is the back wall leading into the man cave. There is my "bed" (the couch), some clothes needing to be put away, and several bins of stuff to be put away, my hope chest buried in stuff to be put away...yes that is a pot on the hope chest. I used it to pour water in the dogs' bowl outside and have not put it back away yet. At least my floor is mainly clean. That trash bag is a bag of clothes, and my chair is in front of my desk. That white shelf is going on top of the homeschool cubbies.



This is the wall leading to the front yard. That is my desk and my homeschool cubby, and yes BOTH are in MAJOR need of decluttering/organizing. I have no excuses!

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5361981442650849170" />

This is the wall leading into the kitchen. It has the backpack station (white bin on top is the out the door bin for library books, dvd's to return, small freecycle items), then is my dvd/vcr and satellite, the red bin is supposed to be only for kids' school folders, but it has a little bit of overflow from the living room being torn apart and still in transition. the white laundry basket in the bottom is for shoes.....yes, I need to weed some out. It is only supposed to be for one pair for each of us, but the kids have taken advantage of my hospitality, lol. The armoire holds the tv & printer up top, the cabinet has hangers waiting to be used, the drawers hold the dvd collection.....hoping the drawers will prove tougher for Chey. She was opening the cabinets on the old entertainment armoire and dumping them, several times daily in the floor....much to Caity's frustration.



The last wall is sort of empty for now. That is my scrapbook stuff to the left and it needs to be reorganized. But once everything is put away, and I am able to liberate my small buffet from the kitchen, this is going to be my craft wall (scrapbook & sewing center). Yes that curtain rod is bent. This is where the loveseat was, and despite my best efforts, the kids kept taking the curtain from behind the loveseat and sitting on it, thus pulling on the rod.

No comments:

Post a Comment