Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Kitchen......reorganize pt. 1

Ok, I am having a BIG organization problem in my kitchen......I get it organized how it makes sense to me, and I am "technically" the only one who uses it.....well for it's intended purposes anyways. My kitchen is WAY TOO small to be using it as a catch-all, but that is the purpose my family uses it for. In order to NOT scare you away, I am not going to post all of my before pics at one time.

The first thing I am going to show you is my small buffet, which is the perfect height for me considering I have absolutely NO counter space....and by this I don't mean cluttered counter space or unutilized space, I mean NO space. I have 2 very small counters (1'x1') and one is in the corner between my front door and my stove....so I can't even get to it easily (it has my dish strainer on it, that's all I can put there...anything else I can't reach to use. The 2nd small counter is reachable, but still too small to really use (and with me being so short, it is too tall for me to use even if it were big enough).

HOWEVER....will all that being said.....I am taking this piece out of my kitchen :( It is not able to effectively do the job I want it to do in my kitchen. The problems are: 1. everytime I get the top cleared off, dh & kids clutter it back up (major hotspot), 2. the cabinet is too narrow, but too tall to hold really much of anything. it should have a shelf to utilize the height (so I don't have dead space at the top) and it should be wider to hold my extra appliances....oh, and the drawer really doesn't hold anything well (you have to open the cabinet to open the drawer).........

So, although it's the perfect height, it has these other problems. So......I am going to repurpose it as a sewing cabinet :) my sewing machine will fit on top, i am going to put a bin of fabric in the cabinet, a basket to hold patterns (if i keep any), and the drawer can hold some small baskets to hold things like bobbins, thread, etc.

Only problem....where to put the miscellaneous stuff that is thrown in it?? (it's a hodgepodge of stuff)

BEFORE pics (will be a while before I am able to post AFTER pics, because I have to find somewhere for all this stuff to go rather than just dump it in my already ON FIRE kitchen:
Top of buffet: (blender that hasn't been put away since being used over a month ago, my new mixer that i bought over 2 weeks ago and haven't put away, my crockpot that is actually being used...see my yummy dinner inside, coffee maker that doesn't get used during summer, top of trifle bowl that hasn't been used since mom's day, a casserole dish, the pledge, my brisket recipe cards from last week, and the sticks to the koolaid pops)


Inside buffet drawer (inside cabinet): (various pampered chef gadgets, popcorn, almond bark & bottle parts)


Inside buffet cabinet: (various other pc items, chillzanne, caddies, muffin stone, and for some reason a hamburger helper (free with coupon, lol) and a cake mix)

No comments:

Post a Comment